Work with Me
Since 2016, I have enjoyed writing, freelancing, sub-editing and ghost-writing for several online publications and blogs.
I have also been actively blogging on WordPress-based sites since 2014 so I am well-familiar with the platform.
And with my writing background (a National Diploma in Journalism) and six years’ worth of blogging, travel writing and social media experience across multiple platforms, I have a good handle on both online writing and general sub-editing.
I am also familiar with Yoast SEO, Google Analytics and keyword research.
In addition to my own writing, I also really enjoy sub-editing for others… Since 2016, I have even been sub-editing for international travel blog, Non Stop Destination.
What I Offer:
- Sound, speedy sub-editing. This has a distinct focus on grammar, punctuation and factual research… I believe this ensures more error-free writing and copy.
- Efficient, adaptive freelance writing offered. (We can discuss possible travel, accommodation, restaurant or lifestyle topics.)
- Ghostwriting – meaning you receive all the online credit and recognition. For this, I do not require a byline, word of thanks or mention/tag.
- Content planning for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts.
- Uploading content and images to WordPress-based sites.
- Scheduling social media posts on Buffer or Facebook.
- Providing or sourcing quality photos. My specialty when it comes to my own photography is macro/outdoor photography.
- Possible guest blogs/paid post collaborations. (These are shared across my blog and social platforms. Posts may include embedded links of your choice.)
- Helpful tips and positive, constructive feedback provided with subbed content.
- Reasonable rates and flexible or set deadlines, as you require. Deadlines may range from one day to a month… Provided I receive fair notice (a minimum 24 hours) and have adequate availability.
How I Can Help
If you require someone to help ease your writing workload or check for small mistakes (which can be hard to pick up yourself, even when you meticulously self-edit), I am happy to assist.
I am very good at meeting deadlines and am a fast writer/sub-editor.
What’s more, I am constantly trying to improve my own writing, online content and social media skills. This means that we can learn together.
Please note: As I work a full-time day job, which I am happily dedicated to, I can only assist in a strictly part-time, after-hours capacity. This applies to my offered services, as well as blog collaborations and sponsored content.
All services listed under ‘What I Offer’ are individually billed. Out of fairness, service requirements and rates are generally agreed to on a client-to-client basis.
When it comes to subbing, my focus is on punctuation and grammar. I do not viciously slash, critique or (needlessly) rewrite the writer’s original work… Instead, I try to gently improve and enhance your writing.
I want to help ensure that everything is as grammatically and factually correct as possible. My aim is to provide writing/copy that flows freely and logically.
Let’s Talk Guest Posts
I am open to guest posts on my blog – but have set rules that must be agreed to first.
To propose or enquire about guest posts, please email me at: tamlyn.ryan63[at]gmail.com.
Guest and Paid-for Posts
All posts must be vetted and approved of by me before I will agree to publish them anywhere. This may involve small grammatical or language changes, in accordance with my blog’s style and voice. (For example, I only use UK spelling.)
All content must be in line with my blog’s travel theme. Anything travel-related is great – but only travel content will be featured. This may include: general travel experiences, eco-friendly travel, restaurants or accommodation posts.
- While my blog predominantly revolves around my home country, South Africa, I am certainly open to global content. But it must fall in line with my blog’s style and feel. And naturally, it must be relevant to my readers and blog.
Paid Posts – Ts and Cs
I charge a set fee for guest posts. (Please email me for more information).
Payment must be made within 24 hours of publication. This can be done via either PayPal or EFT.
Failure to make payment will result in the post being removed from my blog and social media feeds. (Note: If payment cannot be made within 24 hours of publication, we must set an agreed upon date and this date must be adhered to. For these rare exceptions, I also require a payment notification as proof.)
- I firmly believe in ethical blogging so all ‘paid-for’ posts use strictly no-follow links. No exceptions will be made. If you wish to include do-follow links in your paid posts, please rather find another platform to publish your content on.
- All paid guest posts will state that they have been done in collaboration with Tamlyn Amber Wanderlust. They will also carry a disclaimer on my blog and social media. This shows my readers that it is a paid/sponsored post.
- Occasionally, I agree to unpaid guest posts… But this must be discussed on a case-by-case basis with me.
- As this is my blog, I reserve the right to decline any content without explanation, be it paid or unpaid.
Additional Ts and Cs
Word count for posts is a minimum of 500 words. However, 800-1500 words per post is preferred. (Note: My rates vary depending on word count/post length.)
- All posts should include at least 3-5 photos, if not more. Photos must be of a high quality. Photos cannot be smaller than 750 x 500.
- All photos – if not yours or your company/representative’s – must be credited and/or copy-right free. If it is a struggle for you to secure such photos, I am able to easily source or provide photos.
Media Kits, Rates and Contact Info
For any additional information, current rates and personal highlights from my blog and freelance writing, please see my media kit here.
Alternatively, you can browse my Webfluential accredited creator account and media kit.
If you are interested in any of the above services or require a client reference, please feel free to email me at: tamlyn.ryan63[at]gmail.com.
I look forward to possibly working with you! Thank you very much in advance.