Although I am currently a full-time writing employee for a Cape Town-based online publication, which focuses on travel, events, accommodation and restaurant reviews, I also have enjoyed freelancing, sub-editing and ghost-writing for several sites and blogs in the past two years. What’s more, I’ve been actively blogging through WordPress for four years now in a personal capacity.
Because of my writing background (a National Diploma in Journalism qualification) and over four years’ worth of blogging and social media experience (across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and some basic Yoast SEO and keyword research application knowledge, I have quite a good handle on online writing and more latterly, sub-editing.
I am always keen to try something new and sub-editing is something I really enjoy now. For the past year, I have consistently sub-edited for travel blog, Non Stop Destination.
What I offer:
- Sound and speedy sub-editing, with a focus on grammar, punctual and factual research to ensure that writing is as error-free as possible.
- Efficient and adaptive freelance writing on a part-time basis on genres ranging from global travel, lifestyle, food and more.
- Ghostwriting, provided it does not conflict/rival my place of employment.
- Basic social media planning for Facebook or Twitter posts.
- Uploading content onto WordPress sites/blogs.
- Scheduling social media on Buffer.
- Possible guest blogging collaborations (with embedded links and social media sharing).
- Helpful tips and/or positive, constructive feedback on subbed content.
- Reasonable rates and flexible and/or set deadlines – anything from a few days to a month, as required.
How I can help you
Please note: When it comes to subbing, my focus has always been on punctuation and grammar, meaning I in no way viciously slash, critique or rewrite the writer’s work, but I do my best to improve the writing and make sure that everything is factually or grammatically correct, and to ensure that the writing flows as freely as possible.
If you require someone to help ease your writing workload or a fresh pair of eyes to check for small mistakes (which it can be hard to pick up, even when you meticulously self-edit), I am happy and able to assist on a part-time basis.
I am very good at meeting deadlines, am a fast writer/sub-editor and am constantly trying to improve my own writing and social media skills so we can learn to write better together. 🙂
If you are interested in any of the above – or need a recommendation from one of my previous clients, please contact me by filling in the below contact form or email me at email@example.com so we can discuss the finer details further.
Get in touch with me
741 total views, 1 views today