In the past two years, I have enjoyed freelancing, sub-editing and ghost-writing for several sites, blogs and an online travel and events publication. What’s more, I’ve been actively blogging through WordPress for four years now in a personal capacity.
Because of my writing background (a National Diploma in Journalism qualification) and over four years’ worth of blogging and social media experience (across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) – along with some basic Yoast SEO and keyword research application knowledge – I have quite a good handle on online writing and more latterly, sub-editing.
When it comes to writing, I am always keen to try something new – and sub-editing is something I really enjoy now. For the past two years, I have been sub-editing for travel blog, Non Stop Destination.
What I Can Offer You:
- Sound and speedy sub-editing, with a focus on grammar, punctuation and factual research, ensuring writing that is as error-free as possible.
- Efficient and adaptive freelance writing offered. Genres may range from global or local (South African) travel, lifestyle topics, food, accommodation or experiential reviews and more.
- Basic social media planning for Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Uploading content onto WordPress sites or blogs.
- Scheduling social media on Buffer.
- Possible guest blogging opportunities and collaborations (with embedded links and social media sharing across my blog, Facebook travel page, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn feeds).
- Helpful tips and/or positive, constructive feedback on any subbed content.
- Reasonable rates and flexible or set deadlines (as required). Deadlines may be anything from a few days to a month, provided I receive fair notice and am available to assist at the given time.
- Please note: As I happily hold a full-time day job, I work in a strictly part-time, after-hours capacity when it comes to all offered writing, editing or social media services.
How Can I Help?
If you require someone to help ease your writing workload or a fresh pair of eyes to check for small mistakes, which can be hard to pick up (even when you meticulously self-edit), I am most happy and able to assist on a strictly part-time basis.
I am very good at meeting deadlines and am a fast writer/sub-editor. What’s more, I am constantly trying to improve my own writing, online content and social media skills, so we can learn together. 🙂
All the services listed above (see ‘What I Can Offer You’ section) are billed individually, and service requirements are agreed to on a client-to-client basis, finding a suitable middle-ground.
Please note: When it comes to subbing, my focus has always been on punctuation and grammar, meaning I in no way viciously slash, critique or rewrite the writer’s work. Instead, I do my best to improve the writing, make sure that everything is factually or grammatically correct by verifying it as far as possible, while also ensuring it flows as freely and logically as can be.
Media Kit, Rates and Contact Info
If you are interested in any of the above – or need a recommendation from one of my previous clients – please email me at tamlyn.ryan63[at]gmail.com so we can discuss things further.
For any additional information, rates and highlights of my blog and freelance writing, please see here.