In the past two years, I have enjoyed freelancing, sub-editing and ghost-writing for several sites, blogs and an online travel and events publication. What’s more, I’ve been actively blogging through WordPress for four years now in a personal capacity.
Because of my writing background (a National Diploma in Journalism) and over four years’ worth of blogging and social media experience (across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) – along with some sound Yoast SEO and keyword research application/knowledge – I have quite a good handle on online writing – and more latterly, sub-editing, too.
When it comes to writing, I am always keen to try something new – and sub-editing is something I really enjoy now. For the past two years, I have been sub-editing for travel blog, Non Stop Destination.
What I Can Offer You:
- Sound and speedy sub-editing with a focus on grammar, punctuation and factual research. This will ensure writing that is as error-free as possible.
- Efficient, adaptive freelance writing offered. Genres may range from global or local (South African) travel to lifestyle topics, food, accommodation or experiential reviews and much more – the choice is yours.
- Ghostwriting (meaning you get all the online credit and reward).
- Basic social media planning for Facebook, Twitter or Instagram posts or content.
- Uploading content onto WordPress sites/blogs.
- Scheduling social media on Buffer or Facebook.
- Possible guest blogging or guest post opportunities and collaborations (with embedded links and social media sharing across my blog, Facebook travel page, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn feeds).
- Helpful tips and/or positive, constructive feedback on any subbed content.
- Reasonable rates and flexible or set deadlines (as you require). Deadlines may be anything from a few days to a month, provided I receive fair notice and am available to assist at that given time.
- Please note: As I hold a full-time day job, which I am happily dedicated to – I can only work in a strictly part-time, after-hours capacity. This applies to all offered writing, editing or social media services, as well as blog collaborations or sponsored content.
How Can I Help?
If you require someone to help ease your writing workload or a fresh pair of eyes to check for small mistakes – which can be hard to pick up (even when you meticulously self-edit) – I am most happy and able to assist on a strictly part-time basis.
I am very good at meeting deadlines and am a fast writer/sub-editor.
What’s more, I am constantly trying to improve my own writing, online content and social media skills, so we can learn together. 🙂
All the services listed above (refer to my ‘What I Can Offer You’ section) are billed individually – and service requirements and rates are generally agreed to on a client-to-client basis, allowing us to find a suitable middle-ground.
Please note: When it comes to subbing, my focus has always been on punctuation and grammar… This means I in no way viciously slash, critique or needlessly rewrite the writer’s own work.
Instead, I do my best to improve/enhance the writing, make sure that everything is grammatically and factually correct (by verifying it as far as possible). I also aim to ensure the writing flows as freely and logically as possible.
Media Kit, Rates and Contact Info
If you are interested in any of the above (or need a reference from one of my previous clients) – please email me at tamlyn.ryan63[at]gmail.com and we can talk further.
For any additional information, set rates and personal highlights from my blog and freelance writing, please see here.
Alternatively, browse my Webfluential accredited creator account and media kit here.