In the past three years, I have enjoyed freelancing, sub-editing and ghost-writing for several sites, blogs and an online travel and events publication. What’s more, I’ve been actively blogging through WordPress for four years now in a personal capacity.
Because of my writing background (a National Diploma in Journalism) and over four years’ worth of blogging and social media experience (across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) – along with some sound Yoast SEO and keyword research application/knowledge – I have quite a good handle on online writing – and more latterly, sub-editing, too.
When it comes to writing, I am always keen to try something new – and sub-editing is something I really enjoy now. For the past two years, I have been sub-editing for travel blog, Non Stop Destination.
What I Can Offer You:
- Sound and speedy sub-editing with a focus on grammar, punctuation and factual research. This will ensure writing and copy that is as error-free as possible.
- Efficient, adaptive freelance writing offered. Genres may range from global or local (South African) travel to lifestyle topics, food, accommodation or experiential reviews and much more – the choice is yours.
- Ghostwriting (meaning you get all the online credit and reward).
- Basic social media planning for Facebook, Twitter or Instagram posts or content.
- Uploading content onto WordPress sites/blogs.
- Scheduling social media on Buffer or Facebook.
- Quality photos, with a particular focus on macro photography, which is my specialty and love.
- Possible guest blogging or guest post opportunities and collaborations (with embedded links and social media sharing across my blog, Facebook travel page, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn feeds).
- Helpful tips and/or positive, constructive feedback on any subbed content.
- Reasonable rates and flexible or set deadlines (as you require). Deadlines may be anything from a few days to a month, provided I receive fair notice and am available to assist at that given time.
- Please note: As I hold a full-time day job, which I am happily dedicated to – I can only work in a strictly part-time, after-hours capacity. This applies to all offered writing, editing or social media services, as well as blog collaborations or sponsored content.
How Can I Help?
If you require someone to help ease your writing workload or a fresh pair of eyes to check for small mistakes – which can be hard to pick up (even when you meticulously self-edit) – I am most happy and able to assist on a strictly part-time basis.
I am very good at meeting deadlines and am a fast writer/sub-editor.
What’s more, I am constantly trying to improve my own writing, online content and social media skills, so we can learn together. 🙂
All the services listed above (refer to my ‘What I Can Offer You’ section) are billed individually – and service requirements and rates are generally agreed to on a client-to-client basis, allowing us to find a suitable middle-ground.
Please note: When it comes to subbing, my focus has always been on punctuation and grammar… This means I in no way viciously slash, critique or needlessly rewrite the writer’s own work.
Instead, I do my best to improve/enhance the writing, make sure that everything is grammatically and factually correct (by verifying it as far as possible). I also aim to ensure the writing flows as freely and logically as possible.
I am open to accepting guest posts on my blog- but I have several set requirements and rules that must be agreed to by both parties first.
To propose or enquire about guest posting on my blog, please contact me at: tamlyn.ryan63[at]gmail.com.
Please note the following before contacting me about any guest posts:
All posts must be vetted and approved of by me before I will agree to publish them on my blog. This process may involve small grammatical or language changes, in accordance with my blog’s style and voice. (For example, I use UK spelling on my blog.)
All content must be in line with my blog’s travel-related theme. So anything about travel is great – but only travel-inspired content. This may include: travel experiences, eco-friendly travel, restaurants or accommodation posts, to name a few examples.
- While my blog has predominantly South African-based content, I am open to content about local or international cities and countries, provided it is in line with my blog’s style and feel.
I charge a set fee (please contact me for this) and payment must be made within 24 hours of publication via either PayPal or EFT, otherwise I will remove the post from my blog.
(Note: If payment cannot be made within 24 hours of publication, we must have an agreed upon date beforehand and this must be adhered to. Otherwise, I require a payment notification.)
- All paid for posts use strictly no-follow links. I firmly believe in ethical blogging and this is something I refuse to budge on. So if you want do-follow links for paid posts, please rather find another platform to publish your content on.
- All paid guest posts must state they have been done in collaboration with Tamlyn Amber Wanderlust. What’s more, they will all carry a disclaimer on my blog and social media stating it is a paid/sponsored post.
- Occasionally, I agree to guest posts that are unpaid – but this must be discussed on a case-by-case basis with me. Please be advised in advance that I reserve the right to decline.
Word count must be minimum 500 words – but anything between 800-1500 is great too.
Note: Depending on word count/post length, my rates may vary.
- All photos – if not your own or your representative’s – must be credited and copy-right free. (If it is an issue or struggle for you, I am able to easily source photos from my side and am most happy to assist you with this.)
Media Kit, Rates and Contact Info
If you are interested in any of the above (or need a reference from one of my previous clients) – please email me at: tamlyn.ryan63[at]gmail.com and we can talk further.
For any additional information, set rates and personal highlights from my blog and freelance writing, please see here.
Webfluencial Account and Media Kit
Alternatively, browse my Webfluential accredited creator account and media kit here.