As part of the next instalment in my international version of Guests’ Corner (previously a local South African travel interview section on Tamlyn Amber Wanderlust), I chatted to Thais Saito, travel blogger at World Trip Diaries.
Thais Saito is a mom, wife and travel addict and blogger at World Trip Diaries. She manages to get motherhood and marriage down to a tee, all while exploring the world with her family and writing about their adventures.
Along with her husband, Angelo, and four children, Mel, Joao, Jose and Coral, Thais lives a life of nomadic wanderings, show travelling and homeschooling, as her family goes from New Zealand to Japan and beyond, documenting their travels in their own personal travel-book story… Join them as they explore one country at a time!
1) Who or what inspired you to go into travel blogging?
2) What kind of traveller are you: thrill seeker, culture vulture, adrenaline junkie, nature lover or something of everything?
3) Which are your top three most memorable travel experiences and why? Please list each one with a brief explanation.
2. Uruguay: It was also incredible; it was the first country we visited that was very new to everyone in the family – and man, just stunning!
3. Niagara Falls! We grew up watching a lot of movies and stuff featuring those falls, and it was a bit magical when we actually saw, smelled and touched them!
4) What was your most humbling or eye-opening travel experience in your home country and why? (Please provide your home country’s name too.)
6) Your top three travel destinations across the globe – either that you have personally experienced or would love to visit?
7) Any useful travel sites/blogs that you can recommend for following?
8) If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why?
9) Do you have any handy tips for planning a trip/day out in your city (and please state which city it is)?
10) Best travel advice for locals and tourists?
To read about and see all of Thais’s travel stories and experiences, you can visit her awesome blog. Or follow her on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Thank you very much, Thais, for appearing in this international guest travel segment. Until the next one… happy writing and reading, everyone!
Author: Tamlyn Ryan
Content writer by day and blogger by night, Tamlyn Ryan passionately runs her own travel blog, called Tamlyn Amber Wanderlust, from her home base of Cape Town, South Africa. And, despite a national diploma in Journalism, in her free time, Tamlyn’s preferred niche remains travel writing.
Tamlyn is a hopeless wanderer, equipped with an endless passion for road trips, carefully planned, holiday itineraries and, above all else, an innate love for the great outdoors.